Thursday, October 25, 2012

Open House!

“A good book is an event in my life.” 
― StendhalThe Red and the Black
Last night, October 24th, a grand Open House was held to welcome yours truly, Cathy Vincevic, to 
The Gordon-Nash Library. 
Trudy Powers went with a black and white theme and designed a beautiful floral arrangement. 
    I wore red which made us all very Stendal! 


I was so pleased to meet so many people from New Hampton and the area. I want to thank everyone involved for making me feel so welcome, and at home. I love it here!
During the event, I met with the Friends of The Gordon-Nash Library--and it was just fabulous! I can't tell you how refreshing and exciting it is to have met with the group and to find out how many of our ideas matched--and how excited they are to move forward with MORE plans--all of which will be revealed in the coming months. 



So pleased to meet the Headmaster of the New Hampton School, Andrew Menke, and the Librarian, Nora CascaddenI also met with the Principal of the New Hampton Community School, Ann Holloran (and Danbury) schools and the librarian, Mrs. Hunwell.
Then, I was so happy to meet with the staff of the Minot-Sleeper Library in Bristol! Good luck with their huge project--can't wait to see the new addition!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

Wikipedia

Search results

Followers

The Daily Puppy

Web_Cams_Travel