Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A Brief History of Seven KillingsA Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm very fortunate to have received an audio book of this excellent book from Highbridge through Goodreads.

I'm listening to the book now and I decided that I was going to write this in stages because I wanted to share my enthusiasm for this quality recording straight away.

The sound recording is excellent. The choice of narrators--brilliant. The story is hard to hear but compelling.

Listening to an audiobook is, for me, an intimate experience, probably because of the obvious connection of being read to as a child--which makes the storyline of this book something that really smacks you upside the head with a hard dose of reality.
In this particular recording the narrators are speaking with their characters accents. One has to settle in, if not familiar, and really listen to the Jamaican accent. I didn't catch everything, and that's okay, because then I do and what I'm hearing! Then one has to accept being told such violent tales. This is not the peace and love of a Bob Marley song. This is the hard times and turmoil of Peter Tosh. Not for the faint-hearted, but oh so well written, produced and spoken.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

Wikipedia

Search results

Followers

The Daily Puppy

Web_Cams_Travel